Monday, July 28, 2008

Our Vacation Post #1

Well, many of my future posts are already typed up due to journaling while on the trip. However, the pictures are not edited yet to go with them. I will start with a post from the night before we left since there is no photo.

And yes, we did have to ride on a bus from Mobile, AL to New Orleans, LA...at noon...with the kids...who had not had lunch...not in a car seat...but thank you LORD they slept

Thursday, July 17, 2008

When I went to check on Emily around 10:45 p.m., I noticed a bunch of “stuff” on her bed. After taking a closer look, I realized that it was ALL of the clothes out of her drawers. Some were packed in her princess backpack, some were packed in her baby doll diaper bags, and the rest were just piled on top of her. Furthermore, she had removed her pajamas and was wearing her nice, dry clean only, silk dupioni dress that she wore to a wedding last fall.

I tried to take off the dress and put on her PJs without waking her, but I was unsuccessful. While I was changing her, Dee was putting her clothes up. She was very distressed and started to cry and become very annoyed. Here is the conversation that followed:

Me: Why are you crying?

E: Daddy, I need those clothes. Stop putting them up.

Me: Why do you need those clothes?

E: I need to take them to the ho-tay-ul (hotel). I will need something to wear when we are on bay-cation (vacation).

Me: Emily, I have already packed your clothes.

E (sobbing): No, you didn’t Mommy. Daddy, don’t put those up. We need to take them with us.

Me: Emily, don’t you remember the special red dress, red skirt, blue dress, blue skirt that we bought for you to wear on the big boat? I have packed all of it into your purple suitcase, and I promise you will have clothes to wear on our trip. We need to leave these at home.

Emily was so tired, she gave up the fight and went back to bed. I think it was pretty obvious that she was extremely excited about our trip! So were we. This is why I had packed her clothes on Monday, so the poor baby had probably forgotten by Thursday and was worried that she wouldn't have any clothes to wear on our trip.

More to come as I get pictures edited.

No comments: