Monday, April 21, 2008

She's Here!

When I posted earlier, I didn't want to post that my mom and dad weren't going to make it to AR before the birth. I thought that if I made that prediction, I would be wrong, and Joy would be in for a long, hard labor. So I decided to predict the opposite since most of my predictions DON'T come true. So I predicted that my mom and dad would make it before the birth. That way, I would avoid "jinxing" Joy. Sometimes, I am very superstitious about things.

Are you confused yet? What I am trying to say is that my brother just told me that Joy is fully dilated. We (by we, I am including Joy because I hear she was quite surprised) definitely didn't expect it to be so soon.

Okay, now I am re-thinking this post. I am afraid if I post that Claira is almost here, Joy will end up pushing for 3 hours or something traumatic like that. So I think I will just save as a draft and post when the baby arrives...




One hour later--Claira is here, and she is a healthy 8 lbs, 7 oz. She is not as big as Emily was but not as small as Ty/Carter were. My mom and dad now have 2 grandsons and 2 granddaughters. YAY for Joy for an easy and uneventful labor. She only pushed 4 times! It's a good thing I waited to post--she can thank me later--HA HA HA!

My mom isn't even to Oklahoma City yet. Oh, well. She'll get to see her before I do. I won't see her until June :(

I am hoping my sisters send me pictures very soon.

No comments: