Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!!!

Warning--there are a ton of pictures here. But I've been a bad blogger lately, so I had to catch up somehow. We had THREE Halloween/costume events in the past 5 days. So we dressed the kids up THREE times! Here are the pictures of our crazy but fun outings--Emily was Cinderella, and Ty was a mouse (specifically, Gus from Cinderella according to Emily). My mom made both costumes. Didn't she do a fabulous job?

We started our Fall Festivities last Saturday by attending a birthday/Halloween party for 2 of Emily's friends. This is Emily and Ty at the party.

Emily did the cutest thing when we walked into the party--she saw another little girl and immediately said "Look, Mommy, there's Snow White." She was too excited. I really think that Emily truly believed that she was Cinderella and that the other little girl was really Snow White.

They live out in the country, so we went on a hayride. This was Ty's 1st hayride and Emily's 2nd (her 1st was at the same party 2 years ago).

Emily saw a magazine at Dee's mom's. There were pictures of Halloween cupcakes on the cover, and she asked MeMe if she could have the magazine. And then she begged me for a week to make the cupcakes. So this was our big project last sunday. This is Emily's marshmallow cupcake.

And this is her pumpkin cupcake--isn't she creative?

Dee and I made some too! Emily calls them the funny cupcakes.


On Monday, our class at church had a Halloween party. We set up the church's bounce thingy for our kids, and Emily had a blast! Of course, she was jumping in the princess castle!




Ty was content in his high chair after a full belly of sweet potatoes!

This was this evening. We went to the big carnival at church and then Trick or Treating to a few neighbors. Emily got a kick out of Trick or Treating. After each house, she would say "Let's go to another neighbor's house, so they can give me some more candy." She said trick-or-treat and thank you or your welcome to everyone. She sometimes gets confused on which one to say.



Well, with Dee at fb practice, I had to get them ready all by myself. And I had to try to get a picture of them all by myself. I told Emily to hold her brother up and crossed my fingers that she would. And she managed to keep him upright. She's such a big girl. When I was getting ready for the evening, I had propped Ty up on the couch, and he apparantley spit up. When I walked in to check on them, she was wiping up the spit-up with baby wipes---about 50 of them! She loves to "help."



Ahhh, my little princess. I treasure these moments where she is fully convinced that she is Cinderella. I know that sweet innocence won't last long.

Wow--now I need to insert a picture of an exhausted Mommy. I am SO GLAD all of the festivities are over and we can get back to normal.

2 comments:

Aleta said...

Thanks for posting the pics! They look so sweet together and like they both had fun! She looks like a happy Cinderella, especially holding her little "Gus!"

Dawn said...

Even though I saw these on the camera, it's still so much cuter with the story to go with them. Precious and what a good job your mom did. Dang I so am taking that first summer and going up to a craft store with the little old ladies and learn to sew. I'm missing out on cute curtains, bags, and costumes.

Love ya and I had soooo much fun seeing you and spending time together. Thanks for having me! Kiss the kiddos for me!